Most Viewed- Things That Are Misnamed
- Bell Time On Shipboard
- Etiquette Of Courtship And Marriage
- Accent And Pronunciation
- Etiquette Of The Visiting Card
- Formalities In Dress And Etiquette
- Mourning Customs
- Maximum Age Of Trees
- Proper Apparel For Men
- A Dollar Saved A Dollar Earned
- A Lady's Chance Of Marrying
- A Cure For Love
- The Mysteries Of Palmistry
- Mourning Colors The World Over
Least Viewed- Who Is The Author?
- The Law Of Trademarks
- Some Of Nature's Wonders
- Handy Weights And Measures
- Tomato In Bright's Disease
- Rules For Fat People And For Lean
- Color Contrast And Harmony
- The Wonderful Human Brain
- Doing Business With A Bank
- Geographical Nicknames
- Jefferson's Political Policy
- Happiness Defined
- Would You Be Beautiful?
- Care Of The Scalp And Hair
- Care Of The Hands
- Infant Feeding And Management
- Character As Seen In Faces
How to Keep Them Healthy and in Good Song.
Place the cage so that no draught of air can strike the bird.
Give nothing to healthy birds but rape, hemp, canary seed, water,
cuttle-fish bone, and gravel, paper or sand on floor of cage.
A bath three times a week;
The room should not be overheated.
When moulting keep warm and avoid all draughts of air.
Give plenty of German summer rape seed. A little hard-boiled egg mixed
with cracker, grated fine, once or twice a week, is excellent.
Feed at a certain hour in the morning.
Diseases and Cures.
Husk or Asthma.--The curatives are aperients, such as endive, water
cresses, bread and milk, and red pepper.
Pip.--Mix red pepper, butter and garlic and swab out the throat.
Sweating.--Wash the hen in salt and water, and dry rapidly.
Costiveness.--Plenty of green food and fruit.
Obstruction of the Rump Gland--Pierce with a needle. Press the inflamed
matter out, and drop fine sugar over the wound.
Lice.--Keep a saucer of fresh water in the cage and the bird will free
Overgrown Claws or Beak.--Pare carefully with a sharp knife.
Moulting.--Give plenty of good food and keep warm. Saffron and a rusty
nail put in the drinking water is excellent.
Loss of Voice.--Feed with paste of bread, lettuce and rape seed with
yoke of egg. Whisky and sugar is an excellent remedy.
Next: Recipes Trade Secrets Etc
Previous: The Rule Of The Road