|VIEW THE MOBILE VERSION of www.yrd.ca|| Informational|
Most Viewed- Things That Are Misnamed
- Bell Time On Shipboard
- Etiquette Of Courtship And Marriage
- Etiquette Of The Visiting Card
- Accent And Pronunciation
- Formalities In Dress And Etiquette
- Mourning Customs
- Maximum Age Of Trees
- Proper Apparel For Men
- A Lady's Chance Of Marrying
- A Dollar Saved A Dollar Earned
- A Cure For Love
- Mourning Colors The World Over
- Altered Words And Figures
Least Viewed- How To Select Colors
- Cleansing The Teeth
- Facts To Settle Arguments
- Mistakes In Banking
- Feminine Height And Weight
- Last Words Of Famous Men And Women
- Language Of Precious Stones
- Presidents Of The United States
- Principal Points Of Constitutional Law
- How To Detect Counterfeit Money
- Principles Of Parliamentary Law
- Tomato In Bright's Disease
- For Swollen Feet
- What Causes Coughs
- Philosophical Facts
- Men And Complexions
- How To Avoid Mistakes
How to Keep Them Healthy and in Good Song.
Place the cage so that no draught of air can strike the bird.
Give nothing to healthy birds but rape, hemp, canary seed, water,
cuttle-fish bone, and gravel, paper or sand on floor of cage.
A bath three times a week;
The room should not be overheated.
When moulting keep warm and avoid all draughts of air.
Give plenty of German summer rape seed. A little hard-boiled egg mixed
with cracker, grated fine, once or twice a week, is excellent.
Feed at a certain hour in the morning.
Diseases and Cures.
Husk or Asthma.--The curatives are aperients, such as endive, water
cresses, bread and milk, and red pepper.
Pip.--Mix red pepper, butter and garlic and swab out the throat.
Sweating.--Wash the hen in salt and water, and dry rapidly.
Costiveness.--Plenty of green food and fruit.
Obstruction of the Rump Gland--Pierce with a needle. Press the inflamed
matter out, and drop fine sugar over the wound.
Lice.--Keep a saucer of fresh water in the cage and the bird will free
Overgrown Claws or Beak.--Pare carefully with a sharp knife.
Moulting.--Give plenty of good food and keep warm. Saffron and a rusty
nail put in the drinking water is excellent.
Loss of Voice.--Feed with paste of bread, lettuce and rape seed with
yoke of egg. Whisky and sugar is an excellent remedy.
Next: Recipes Trade Secrets Etc
Previous: The Rule Of The Road