Most Viewed- Things That Are Misnamed
- Bell Time On Shipboard
- Etiquette Of Courtship And Marriage
- Accent And Pronunciation
- Etiquette Of The Visiting Card
- Formalities In Dress And Etiquette
- Mourning Customs
- Maximum Age Of Trees
- Proper Apparel For Men
- A Dollar Saved A Dollar Earned
- A Lady's Chance Of Marrying
- A Cure For Love
- The Mysteries Of Palmistry
- Mourning Colors The World Over
Least Viewed- Principal American Cities
- Recipes Trade Secrets Etc
- Hand Grenades
- Rules For Fat People And For Lean
- Care Of The Eyes
- The Wonderful Human Brain
- Facts To Settle Arguments
- Doing Business With A Bank
- Presidents Of The United States
- Would You Be Beautiful?
- Infant Feeding And Management
- Principal Points Of Constitutional Law
- Shakespeare's Counsel
- Merchants' Cost And Price Marks
- Some Of Nature's Wonders
- Handy Weights And Measures
- Letter Combinations
Curious Facts About Hair
The hair of men is finer than that of women.
The average weight of a head of hair is from 5 to 12 ounces.
On an average head there are about 1,000 hairs to the square inch.
Hair will stretch about one-fourth of its length and retract nearly to
its original length.
Four hairs of good strength will hold suspended a one-pound weight. A
single head of hair, of average growth, would therefore hold suspended
an entire audience of 200 people.
Next: Things That Are Misnamed
Previous: Mourning Colors The World Over