|124. Coarse hair indicates good nature; fine hair quick temper. Northern Ohio. 125. Red hair indicates a spit-fire. Massachusetts and Chestertown, Md. 126. Beware of that man, Be he friend or brother, W... Read more of Hair at Superstitions.ca|| Informational|
Most Viewed- Things That Are Misnamed
- Bell Time On Shipboard
- Etiquette Of Courtship And Marriage
- Accent And Pronunciation
- Etiquette Of The Visiting Card
- Formalities In Dress And Etiquette
- Mourning Customs
- Maximum Age Of Trees
- Proper Apparel For Men
- A Dollar Saved A Dollar Earned
- A Lady's Chance Of Marrying
- A Cure For Love
- The Mysteries Of Palmistry
- Mourning Colors The World Over
Least Viewed- Care Of The Hands
- What Housekeepers Should Remember
- Rights Of Married Women
- How To Obtain A Patent
- Weights And Measures
- To Tell Pure Water
- How To Get Rid Of Rats
- Relief For Asthma
- Rules For Fat People And For Lean
- When Quinine Will Break Up A Cold
- Philosophical Facts
- The Wonderful Human Brain
- The Language Of The Flag
- Hints On Shaving
- Facts To Settle Arguments
- The Mysteries Of Hypnotism
- How To Care For A Piano
Wanting nothing and knowing it.
The mental sunshine of content.
A will-o'-the-wisp which eludes us even when we grasp it.
Excelsior! The ever-retreating summit on the hill of our ambition.
The prize at the top of a greasy pole which is continually slipping from
The only thing a man continues to search for after he has found it.
The bull's-eye on the target at which all the human race are shooting.
The goal erected for the human race, which few reach, being too heavily
A wayside flower growing only by the path of duty.
A bright and beautiful butterfly, which many chase but few can take.
The interest we receive from capital invested in good works.
The birthright of contentment.
A treasure which we search for far and wide, though oft-times it is
lying at our feet.
The summer weather of the mind.
Next: Appalling Depths Of Space
Previous: Memory Rhymes