|VIEW THE MOBILE VERSION of www.yrd.ca|| Informational|
Most Viewed- Things That Are Misnamed
- Bell Time On Shipboard
- Etiquette Of Courtship And Marriage
- Etiquette Of The Visiting Card
- Accent And Pronunciation
- Formalities In Dress And Etiquette
- Mourning Customs
- Maximum Age Of Trees
- Proper Apparel For Men
- A Lady's Chance Of Marrying
- A Dollar Saved A Dollar Earned
- A Cure For Love
- Mourning Colors The World Over
- Altered Words And Figures
Least Viewed- What Causes Coughs
- How To Select Colors
- Cleansing The Teeth
- Facts To Settle Arguments
- Mistakes In Banking
- Feminine Height And Weight
- Last Words Of Famous Men And Women
- Language Of Precious Stones
- Presidents Of The United States
- Principal Points Of Constitutional Law
- How To Detect Counterfeit Money
- Principles Of Parliamentary Law
- Tomato In Bright's Disease
- For Swollen Feet
- Philosophical Facts
- Men And Complexions
- How To Avoid Mistakes
Jefferson's Political Policy
1. Legal equality of all human beings.
2. The people the only source of power.
3. No hereditary offices, nor order of nobility, nor title.
4. No unnecessary taxation.
5. No national banks or bonds.
6. No costly splendor of administration.
7. Freedom of thought and discussion.
8. Civil authority superior to the military.
9. No favored classes; no special privileges; no monopolies.
10. Free and fair elections; universal suffrage.
11. No public money spent without warrant of law.
12. No mysteries in government hidden from the public eye.
13. Representatives bound by the instructions of their constituents.
14. The Constitution of the United States a special grant of powers
limited and definite.
15. Freedom, sovereignty and independence of the respective States.
16. Absolute severance of Church and State.
17. The Union a compact--not a consolidation nor a centralization.
18. Moderate salaries, economy and strict accountability.
19. Gold and silver currency--supplemented by treasury notes bearing no
interest and bottomed on taxes.
20. No State banks of issue.
21. No expensive navy or diplomatic establishment.
22. A progressive or graduated tax laid upon wealth.
23. No internal revenue system. A complete separation of public moneys
from bank funds.
Next: Presidents Of The United States
Previous: Workingmen Easily Gulled