Most Viewed- Things That Are Misnamed
- Bell Time On Shipboard
- Etiquette Of Courtship And Marriage
- Etiquette Of The Visiting Card
- Accent And Pronunciation
- Formalities In Dress And Etiquette
- Mourning Customs
- Maximum Age Of Trees
- Proper Apparel For Men
- A Lady's Chance Of Marrying
- A Dollar Saved A Dollar Earned
- A Cure For Love
- Mourning Colors The World Over
- Altered Words And Figures
Least Viewed- How To Detect Counterfeit Money
- What Causes Coughs
- How To Select Colors
- Cleansing The Teeth
- Dreams And Their Meaning
- Marriage And Divorce
- Principal Points Of Constitutional Law
- Recipes Trade Secrets Etc
- Principles Of Parliamentary Law
- For Swollen Feet
- Death Sentence Of The Savior
- Facts To Settle Arguments
- Feminine Height And Weight
- Last Words Of Famous Men And Women
- Memory Rhymes
- To Develop The Bust
- What Housekeepers Should Remember
Language Of Precious Stones
The ancients attributed marvelous properties to many of the precious
stones. We give in tabular form the different months and the stones
sacred to them, as generally accepted, with their respective meanings.
It has been customary among lovers and friends to notice the
significance attached to the various stones in making birthday,
engagement and wedding presents.
January, Garnet.--Constancy and fidelity in every engagement.
February, Amethyst--Preventive against violent passions.
March, Bloodstone--Courage, wisdom and firmness in affection.
April, Sapphire--Free from enchantment; denotes repentance.
May, Emerald--Discovers false friends, and insures true love.
June, Agate--Insures long life, health and prosperity.
July, Ruby--Discovers poison; corrects evils resulting from mistaken
August, Sardonyx--Insures conjugal felicity.
September, Chrysolite--Free from all evil passions and sadness of the
October, Opal--Denotes hope, and sharpens the sight and faith of the
November, Topaz--Fidelity and friendship. Prevents bad dreams.
December, Turquoise--Prosperity in love.
Tiffany's list of birth stones is somewhat different from the above and
is given below:
Birth Stones. (As given by Tiffany & Co.)
February--Amethyst, hyacinth, pearl.
June--Cat's-eye, turquoise, agate.
August--Sardonyx, carnelian, moonstone, topaz.