|VIEW THE MOBILE VERSION of www.yrd.ca|| Informational|
Most Viewed- Things That Are Misnamed
- Bell Time On Shipboard
- Etiquette Of Courtship And Marriage
- Accent And Pronunciation
- Etiquette Of The Visiting Card
- Formalities In Dress And Etiquette
- Mourning Customs
- Maximum Age Of Trees
- Proper Apparel For Men
- A Dollar Saved A Dollar Earned
- A Lady's Chance Of Marrying
- A Cure For Love
- The Mysteries Of Palmistry
- Mourning Colors The World Over
Least Viewed- Would You Be Beautiful?
- Principal American Cities
- Some Of Nature's Wonders
- Recipes Trade Secrets Etc
- Hand Grenades
- Rules For Fat People And For Lean
- Care Of The Eyes
- The Wonderful Human Brain
- The Language Of The Flag
- Facts To Settle Arguments
- Doing Business With A Bank
- Presidents Of The United States
- Infant Feeding And Management
- Principal Points Of Constitutional Law
- Shakespeare's Counsel
- Merchants' Cost And Price Marks
- Short Interest Rules
Language Of Precious Stones
The ancients attributed marvelous properties to many of the precious
stones. We give in tabular form the different months and the stones
sacred to them, as generally accepted, with their respective meanings.
It has been customary among lovers and friends to notice the
significance attached to the various stones in making birthday,
engagement and wedding presents.
January, Garnet.--Constancy and fidelity in every engagement.
February, Amethyst--Preventive against violent passions.
March, Bloodstone--Courage, wisdom and firmness in affection.
April, Sapphire--Free from enchantment; denotes repentance.
May, Emerald--Discovers false friends, and insures true love.
June, Agate--Insures long life, health and prosperity.
July, Ruby--Discovers poison; corrects evils resulting from mistaken
August, Sardonyx--Insures conjugal felicity.
September, Chrysolite--Free from all evil passions and sadness of the
October, Opal--Denotes hope, and sharpens the sight and faith of the
November, Topaz--Fidelity and friendship. Prevents bad dreams.
December, Turquoise--Prosperity in love.
Tiffany's list of birth stones is somewhat different from the above and
is given below:
Birth Stones. (As given by Tiffany & Co.)
February--Amethyst, hyacinth, pearl.
June--Cat's-eye, turquoise, agate.
August--Sardonyx, carnelian, moonstone, topaz.