|Martyrs.ca - Find information on the famous martyrs throughout the history of the world Visit Martyrs.ca|| Informational|
Most Viewed- Things That Are Misnamed
- Bell Time On Shipboard
- Etiquette Of Courtship And Marriage
- Accent And Pronunciation
- Etiquette Of The Visiting Card
- Formalities In Dress And Etiquette
- Mourning Customs
- Maximum Age Of Trees
- Proper Apparel For Men
- A Dollar Saved A Dollar Earned
- A Lady's Chance Of Marrying
- A Cure For Love
- The Mysteries Of Palmistry
- Mourning Colors The World Over
Least Viewed- Don't Be Buried Alive
- The Steps In The Growth Of American Liberty
- The Constitution Of The United States
- Jefferson's Political Policy
- Rights Of Married Women
- Principal American Cities
- Facts Of General Interest
- Recipes Trade Secrets Etc
- Weights And Measures
- Handy Weights And Measures
- To Tell The Age Of Any Person
- How To Get Rid Of Rats
- For Swollen Feet
- Care Of The Eyes
- How To Select Colors
- Colors For Blondes And For Brunettes
- Men And Complexions
(Polonius' Advice to His Son Laertes.)
And these few precepts in thy memory
See thou character: Give thy thoughts no tongue.
Nor any unproportion'd thought his act.
Be thou familiar, but by no means vulgar.
Those friends thou hast, and their adoption tried,
Grapple them to thy soul with hooks of steel;
But do not dull thy palm with entertainment
Of each new-hatch'd, unfledged comrade. Beware
Of entrance to a quarrel, but, being in,
Bear 't that the opposed may beware of thee.
Give every man thy ear, but few thy voice;
Take each man's censure, but reserve thy judgment.
Costly thy habit as thy purse can buy.
But not express'd in fancy; rich, not gaudy;
For the apparel oft proclaims the man. * * *
Neither a borrower nor a lender be:
For loan oft loses both itself and friend,
And borrowing dulls the edge of husbandry.
This above all: to thine own self be true,
And it must follow, as the night the day,
Thou canst not then be false to any man.
--Hamlet, 1 :3.
Next: Poor Richard's Sayings
Previous: How To Obtain A Patent