|We now pass beyond the utmost limits to which a "scientific" theory of things ghostly can be pushed. Science admits, if asked, that it does not know everything. It is not _inconceivable_ that living minds may communicate by some other channel... Read more of Appearances Of The Dead at Scary Stories.ca|| Informational|
Most Viewed- Things That Are Misnamed
- Bell Time On Shipboard
- Etiquette Of Courtship And Marriage
- Etiquette Of The Visiting Card
- Accent And Pronunciation
- Formalities In Dress And Etiquette
- Mourning Customs
- Maximum Age Of Trees
- Proper Apparel For Men
- A Dollar Saved A Dollar Earned
- A Lady's Chance Of Marrying
- A Cure For Love
- Mourning Colors The World Over
- The Mysteries Of Palmistry
Least Viewed- Hand Grenades
- The Horse's Prayer
- The Names Of The States
- Happiness Defined
- What Housekeepers Should Remember
- Character As Seen In Faces
- Queer Analogies In Nature
- Rights Of Married Women
- Principal Points Of Constitutional Law
- Some Of Nature's Wonders
- The Rule Of The Road
- Weights And Measures
- Handy Weights And Measures
- Points Of Criminal Law
- Hints On Bathing
- Care Of The Eyes
- Facts To Settle Arguments
Workingmen Easily Gulled
Who fought for King George in 1776? Working people.
What interest did they have in being ruled by him? None.
Why, then, did they risk their lives for him? Because he hired them.
Where did the king get the money to pay them? By taxing them.
Then they really paid themselves for fighting? Certainly.
In every war ever fought the working people paid the expenses.
WHAT constitutes a state?
Men who their duties know,
But know their rights, and, knowing,
Next: Jefferson's Political Policy
Previous: The Constitution Of The United States