VIEW THE MOBILE VERSION of Informational Site Network Informational

   Home - Science Experiments - Things Worth Knowing - Wise Facts - Curious Facts


Phosphorus paste, kept for roach poison or in parlor matches, is
sometimes eaten by children, and has been wilfully taken for the
purpose of suicide. It is a powerful irritant. The first thing to be
done is to give freely of magnesia and water; then to give mucilaginous
drinks, as flaxseed tea, gum water or sassafras pith and water; and
lastly to administer finely-powdered bone-charcoal, either in pill or
in mixture with water.

In no case of poisoning should there be any avoidable delay in
obtaining the advice of a physician, and, meanwhile, the friends or
by-standers should endeavor to find out exactly what has been taken, so
that the treatment adopted may be as prompt and effective as possible.

Next: Red Ink

Previous: Mercury Or Arsenic

Add to Informational Site Network

Viewed 1899